What to Bring
- Comfortable shirts: no offensive or inappropriate logos
- Pants: no drawstrings, no belts
- Comfortable shoes: no shoelaces
- Underwear and socks: no tube socks or leggings
- Toiletry items: no glass containers, no mirrors, no alcohol content
- Medications of any kind (unless requested by nurse or doctor)
- Belts or anything with a strap (such as a backpack, purse, etc.)
- Any type of string longer than 6 inches (includes shoe strings, dental floss, draw strings to pants, suspenders, nylon stockings, tube socks, leggings and sweatshirts, etc.)
- Any type of weapon or item which could potentially be used as a weapon (includes steel-toed boots, dumbbells, knives, etc.) Federal law prohibits anyone, including peace officers, from carrying a firearm into a hospital.
- Aluminum cans (includes Ensure and soda cans)
- Any sharp item which could be used to hurt oneself or others (such as razor blades, metal hair picks, mirrors in makeup compacts, etc.)
- Electronic items with cords (cell phones, iPods, MP3, radio, etc.)
- Any glass and metal objects (safety pins, pencil sharpeners, spiral bound notebooks, underwire bras)
- Flammable items (matches, lighters, aerosol cans, etc.)
- Drugs and alcohol
- Hangers of any type
- Tobacco products
- Curlers or flat irons
- Outside food or drinks are not allowed in our facility
- Toiletry items or personal items with alcohol and/or strong inhalant ingredients (such as mouthwash, hairspray, nail polish remover, aerosol sprays)
- Vulgar, provocative, offensive or otherwise inappropriate clothing. This includes anything that glorifies or promotes drugs, alcohol, violence, illegal or unhealthy behavior.
- Pens or mechanical pencils
- Personal linens, pillows or stuffed animals unless in its original, newly purchased package.
- Cash and coins, credit cards, insurance cards, ID cards, Social Security cards, checks/checkbooks, or cell phones will be placed in the unit safe or sent home.
We’re Here to Help
Talking with one of our mental health professionals could help answer your questions. We offer no-cost, confidential assessments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.